Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tamar Kasparian (7)



 
"

Tamar writes:

These are paintings I made with my hair. I made these paintings last year when my 17-year relationship with a man ended. They're about love, sex, memories in my body but also about something that my body has never lived (having a child)."

A description of Tamar Kasparian's work:
"Creating, not to know who one is, but may be what or who one is becoming. Tamar's drawings and paintings are an experimental description of a mutation. What or who are we during this endless process? Growing into an organic structure, whose roots disperse while having a great hold on the earth, a living being, serene like a tree, with a sharp contour but whose inner nature seethes, an empty space marked with the stamp of an absent one. Strange feeling of aspiration and of dizziness born from this emptiness, and strange feeling opposite and also vigorous of fullness, abundance, intensity, when the background of the paintings fills the existing space and transforms it in a matrix of energies.”